Healy O’Connor Solicitors (hereinafter referred to as “HOC” “us” “we” or “our”) is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with all applicable data protection and privacy laws.
This policy applies to all personal data (“Data”) in our possession and specifically includes the following: email and call details, and customer information (including name, address, fixed line number, mobile number, email address and all other contact details).
1. All Data will be obtained fairly. We will make you aware of all purposes that we intend to use your Data for at the time of collection or will be advised to you prior to use.
2. Data will be accurate and complete and, where necessary, kept up to date.
3. Data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which it was obtained.
4. All acquisition methods (e.g. customer application forms, competition entries) will have a clear information piece explaining any intended purposes including secondary uses that may not be obvious to you (e.g. if competition entries are intended to be used for marketing purposes this will be clearly advised to you and an appropriate opt out box will be provided).
Use and Disclosure of Information
5. Data will be kept only for clear and legal purposes.
6. All Data will be processed fairly and in keeping with the purposes for which it was obtained.
7. Data will not be used, disclosed or processed in any manner incompatible with the purposes for which it was obtained.
8. Disclosure of Data will only be made to third parties who are our agents or servants acting on our directions. Save as required by law (e.g. criminal investigations) no disclosure of Data will be made to third parties for those third parties’ own purposes or use.
9. Under no circumstances will lists of customer data/information (i.e. mailing lists or database information) be disclosed to a third party for that third party’s exploitation or use without your express permission.
Data may be legitimately given to HOC’s servants or agents for legitimate purposes as described above.
This may include the transfer of data to other jurisdictions for processing. In these circumstances HOC will ensure that adequate contractual and technical safeguards are in place to protect your Data. All such processing will take place in full compliance with all applicable laws.
10. If Data has been obtained for a purpose without advising you of other compatible secondary purposes for which it is subsequently to be used, the Data will not be so used without advising you.
11. Data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the primary purpose for which it was obtained.
12. Data will be retained for any period required by law.
14. Some Data that is not otherwise subject to retention for normal reasons may need to be retained because of circumstances such as litigation or government investigation.
16. The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Law. While every effort is made in preparing material for the site no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of HOC for any errors, omissions or misleading statements on these pages or any site to which these pages connect.