Intellectual property is a rapidly evolving area in the commercial field. It refers to intangible property which can be sold or assigned for financial consideration.
Healy O’Connor Solicitors provide advice in relation to legal matters dealing with the information technology industry.
In particular, we provide advice on;
- Patents to protect new ideas and inventions
- Trademarks to protect names in the course of trade
- Copyright and Design to protect the physical form of literary
- Passing-off to protect the goodwill of the business
- Confidential information where an obligation of confidentiality exist
We also have experience in seeking remedies where there has been an infringement of intellectual property rights such as making a claim for damages or an account of profits. In addition, we also deal with any criminal issue that may arise from an infringement of copyright or registered trade marks.